APA – Cash for Classrooms
APA’s Cash for Classrooms grants program is a program of The Academy of Performing Arts (APA) to help fill gaps in education funding for useful projects and materials of relatively minor expense (up to $250) that contribute to students’ love of learning.
The information that you will include in the attached application form will provide APA with data needed to determine whether or not to fund your project. Applications must be from students in grades 4K to 5th at a public or private school in the Oak Creek and Franklin communities.
APA’s CASH FOR CLASSROOMS grants are used by local teachers to fund creative and innovative classroom projects and events. These ideas not only enrich the teachers curriculum, but enhances and enriches students in Elementary aged classrooms.
- Requests may be for learning opportunities that are new, denied, or no longer funded due to budget cuts. The intention of this grant is to fund projects not covered by the regular school budget. Please indicate if regular avenues of funding have been exhausted or this is an expense eliminated from a budget.
- Project funds must be used by March 2017
Applications will be reviewed on a competitive basis by committee. Priority is given for grants that:
- meet basic educational objectives;
- promote literacy and/or the arts;
- involve collaboration with students and/or parents and/or other classrooms/schools;
- and are sustainable.
Applications will be accepted September 26th, 2016 through Monday, November 14th, 2016.
No late applications will be considered.
Awards will be given before the end of the year.
Please send applications to:
The Academy of Performing Arts – Cash for Classrooms
ATTN: Cara Wehrman
9160 S Pennsylvania Avenue
Oak Creek, WI 53154
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the application form here.
APA’s CASH FOR CLASSROOMS grants are used by local teachers to fund creative and innovative classroom projects and events. This ideas not only enrich the teachers curriculum, but enhances and enriches students in Elementary aged classrooms.
Award Amounts: Each award amount will be different based on the teacher’s ideas and needs. The maximum donation to the districts (combined) is $1,000. Once we receive all applications from teachers, specific donations will be awarded.